Hello all! My name is Kaitlyn Hayes and I'm just a normal person trying to make it through life with the help of a little failure, a lot of family, and a ton of faith! Welcome to my corner of the world.
I am super super excited to talk about active parents because it is something that blessed my life so much growing up. I had parents who taught me to own up to every choice I made, whether good or bad. They balanced very well (in my opinion) accountability and respect when disciplining their children. I hope to be able to be even half as supportive to my children when I’m a parent. Active parenting comes when parents are involved in the welfare of their child. They want their children to succeed and be able to be accountable for their own growth and future! The biggest example of active parenting that comes to my mind is teaching children how to work. There are countless times that I have been able to work side-by-side with my parents and learn a good work ethic. It wasn’t always fun. I didn’t always like it. In fact, I rarely appreciated it while it was happening, but afterwards felt the incredible influence my parents had had on me in creating a value for work. For example, I...
Ask anyone who knows me well, and they will tell you I don’t do confrontation. Even when I was little, I tried to be the peacemaker in the family. Conflict really makes me uncomfortable in any situation. If there are problems, I have my own way of talking about them and solving them. I don’t like abrasive or hostile confrontation or bringing things up at inappropriate times. It is in my nature to wait for the perfect, quiet moment, when I can be calm and discuss what my feelings are. In family life, that can be super important to know. If my friend wanted to express some concern about something I’d done, and they went about it in a very direct and aggressive manner, nothing would be resolved. Everyone has ways they deal with conflict and how they best resolve them. The first step to good communication and resolution in the family is by being sensitive to how others communicate. Last week, I talked about how we think about a problem becomes how we view a problem. I think the same thi...
I want to have a little disclaimer on this blog post. I don’t have very much experience with how divorce occurs, or what its long-lasting effects are. But, I have learned some of the ways to decrease the negative impacts a divorce will inevitability have. So, instead of talking about how to blend a new family or to create positive outcomes from divorce, I’ll be going a little deeper into how we can strengthen marriage by understanding the steps and process of divorce, so that we can be more prepared to strengthen marriage and heal a hurting family. I know there are situations were divorce is necessary, such as cases of abuse or infidelity. I know there are also times where remarriage is appropriate, in cases of divorce, death, or other extenuating circumstances. So, I’m trying to be as sensitive as possible because this is a fragile topic, and I want to help in any small way I can to help others understand divorce and the family. So, with that being said, let’s get down to the ...
Comments
Post a Comment